Booking and Travel information
We are open from end April onwards until October. Starting days are Wednesdays and Saturdays .
To make a booking enquiry please choose from the following options:
You can complete Our Contact Form
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give Hans or Julia a call on:
Phone: +353 (0)5787 35178
mobile: +353 (0)87 27 50260
fax: +353 (0)5787 35155
Collection from Dublin or Shannon Airports can be arranged. There are regular train and bus services available from Airport and Ferry Ports to Portlaoise.
- Car: You can park your car safely at our base. If you are hiring a car then all the major and budget car hire companies have pickup point at each of the airports.
- Baggage: We will store excess baggage in our storeroom.
- Clothing: We recommend that you bring a variety of summer clothing and of course suncream but also trousers, jumpers, jacket, rain gear and good shoes.
- Special needs: if any of your group has special needs, please inform us beforehand so we can plan for making your holiday comfortable.
- Food and Shops: Our nearest shops are in Mountrath and Roscrea so please do a shopping for approx 2 days before arriving, once you are en-route with the caravan you will pass shops in all the villages. If you use our airport-transfer you will stop for shopping.
- Pet Farm: We have a pet-farm as part of our facilities, we ecourage our visitors to utilise the farm during their stay. We also rent out an extra riding-horse, bicycles and tents.
- Money: Remember you are in a country area and bank machines are not available in all of the small villages en-route, so please bring enough Euro cash to last.
Please take out a third party holiday insurance and an accident insurance before you leave your own country as we cannot arrange this here. Sometimes our visitors' own household insurance cover can be extended by them to cover their holiday risks - visitors must check this themselves as they are responsible for ensuring that they are properly covered. Our insurance does not cover our visitors against claims against them for any damage they may cause to other persons or their property. We are insured if our horse/caravan does any damage to somebody elses property caused by them.